What is marketing automation?
Although the scope of marketing automation is limitless, it can be described as the process of using technology in order to automate marketing. It may include different aspects of promotion, such as email sending, social media posting, auto-responding and so on. Marketing automation eliminates repetitive tasks and helps build your brand’s image. It is a very useful technology that targets people based on their behaviors, purchase history or preferences. It is also an effective way to understand your customers and deliver content they need and anticipate. Marketing automation reduces the time necessary to perform certain tasks and facilitate the everyday life of the company. Once introduced, it can work for months, and years. As a result, your employees may focus on higher-level tasks instead of performing mundane repetitive activities.
How does it work?
To understand how marketing automation works, let’s focus on an example. Imagine that we have two online shops: Shop A and Shop B. Both of them sell similar goods and exist on the market for years. Shop A does not use marketing automation. The only automatic feature are messages sent to customers after they have made a purchase. Shop B is full of automated processes. When you visit the site, a pop-up window appears that allows visitors to subscribe to the newsletter. When registered users add products to their cart and don’t make a purchase, , they will receive an e-mail notification in a few days with the remainder of their cart content. Marketing automation in Shop B also targets users who haven’t bought anything in a while, reminding them of the shop. Registered users who are celebrating their birthday get automated messages with special birthday discounts.
Marketing Automation – a vast range of possibilities
As you can see, marketing automation can be useful in online stores to keep customers close to you all the time. However, this is also recommended in case of other businesses that have their own websites. In fact, the possibilities of this strategy have no boundaries and depend on the company’s needs. Marketing automation can provide you with a detailed analysis of user’s behaviors, but it can also be used to calculate the profitability of sales. Apart from messaging, marketing automation can be used in the form of so-called recommendation frames. This is a very useful solution for online stores. It allows recommendations to be displayed to users – the tool tracks both registered and anonymous users and monitors their activity to recommend products that they may be interested in.
The most important benefits of marketing automation
The automation of repetitive tasks in business can free up your employees’ time. What is more, complex algorithms used in this process may turn out to be far more effective than humans’ work. The most important advantages of marketing automation include:
- more time for your employees – marketing automation software frees up resources. Your team can spend more time on developing content and strategies than struggling with its technical aspect.
- detailed image of customers – it can provide you with a comprehensive picture of your potential customers. The software can track them and help you choose the best channels and tactics to convince your future customers to choose you.
- customized approach – marketing automation offers a possibility of customization. It means that you can reach your customers in different ways depending on their actions and preferences.
- complex marketing strategy – automation is not limited to personalized e-mails. It can also include trigger-based marketing messages, as well as emails to maintain customers’ interest, and social media messages.
- improve your ROI – automation can be linked to a CRM to improve your ROI calculation process and to measure the profitability of the automated processes.
Popular marketing automation tools
With the growing popularity of marketing automation, dozens of different tools that you can use to replace repetitive tasks with automatic actions are available. Some tools offer only limited possibilities, such as tools used for automated messaging, while others are much more powerful. The following can be listed among the most popular and useful software:
- HubSpot – is an all-in-one inbound marketing software that offers a huge selection of features. It includes a CRM, a Marketing Hub, a Sales Hub, a CMS Hub, and a Service Hub. Its main aim is to let you sell more effectively. It helps to automate dozens of simple and more complex tasks.
- Salesforce – the software offers customer relationship management and allows business to connect with former, active and potential customers. It facilitates tracking customers’ activity and the market. You can use it to get to know your customers on a variety of levels. Although it is a CRM platform, it can be linked with many marketing automation tools that facilitate everyday marketing tasks.
How to plan marketing automation?
If you want to benefit from marketing automation, but you do not know where to start, consider hiring a marketing company. The company will analyze your site and your current and potential customers’ image to plan the strategy. Depending on your clientele, you may need different ways of automation. For instance, adult clients tend to read mails and newsletters much more frequently than young people, so in the case of the latter you will need to find ways to get through to them in a different way, e.g. through promo codes. After the priorities are set, the company will provide you with detailed actions that need to be taken in order to succeed. Each stage of automation should be carefully thought through. The processes of automation should also differ depending on target customers’ groups.
Marketing automation in practice
Despite popular opinion, marketing automation should never be boring! In order to boost sales and customer interest, it must be diversified as much as possible. Messages that customers receive through automated channels should always be personalized. If you spam your customers with tens of similar messages monthly, they will likely give up shopping and unsubscribe from the news feed. That is why you should try to create messages that have no patterns and are original. Failing to do so, marketing automation may result in an opposite effect. In choosing cooperation with a marketing agency, you can always be sure that your customers don’t feel bombarded with meaningless content, and the messages they receive are valuable for them.
Let us help you with marketing automation for your company!
We are here to help you with the automation of marketing in your business. We will help you at each level of the process, from its initial stage through the introduction to future modifications. We use tools that are widely used in the biggest companies all over the world. They are simple to use and integratable, so you can manage them from one place. With us, working with automated processes, such as instant messaging, is simple and does not require skills. Apart from introducing intelligent systems, we always offer advice on everything you want to know about the functioning or the use of the software. An individual approach and tailor-made services are something of the highest value to us. With Digiffic, you may be sure that your customers will always feel in contact with your company.